Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Dog Tags



While in NYC I did a research trip to the U.S.S. Intrepid and while I was there I got a set of dog tags made for the main character in the film, Owen Weir. For the next few days I wore the tags around town, and I realized that they were starting to effect me in a strange way. Wearing a hunk of metal around your neck and another one laced into your shoe to I.D. your body after parts of it have gone missing starts to seep into your dreams. It changes the way you think about your body. The nice Hispanic girl who typed Weir's name into the the metal told me that if I died in combat they'd shove the tag inside the mouth of my corpse for easy identification. Dealing in bodies and death seems a strange way to live.

2 Comments:

At September 19, 2005 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, while you were in new york, i was... you don't want to know.

 
At September 21, 2005 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screwing your girlfriend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home