Friday, May 06, 2005

And Now a Step Backwards

If I was reading this blog, the first thing I'd be asking myself is "who is this joker? I just wrote a screenplay too, why would I possibly care about some guy saying that he's gonna get a feature film off the ground and write about it. Raising 2 million dollars ain't easy, cause if it was I'd have done it myself by now." So in a vague attempt to legitimize the possibility of being successful in my ambitions here is a very brief history of my career:

Since 1997 I have been creating short documentary and dramatic films. My first film LSD25 was screened at over a dozen international film festivals sold to boadcast and won a couple of awards.

Jumping ahead to 2000, my partner Sierra Bellows and I spent 9 months living in Malawi, Africa filming the hour long documentary "Lifecycles: a story of AIDS in Malawi." for the NFB, UNAIDS and the Link TV in the states.

Then in 2003, we completed our most recent film "The Straitjacket Lottery" for Bravo and CBC National. The film has screened at over 25 internatinal film festivals and won/been nominated for a half dozen awards.

So that's a glimpse into my background and hopefully these projects will help me to raise the budget for "Living-Room War"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home