Monday, May 09, 2005

Goals & Aspirations

It's going to be very interesting at the end of this process to go back and look at my original intentions for the film and see if at the end of the day, I've managed to meet them.

Here are my hopes for the film:
~ That it's shot in Super 35mm film (and taken to the print stage).
~ That we raise a budget large enough to shoot the main unit elements in North America, and the Saudi/Kuwait desert sequences in the Middle East, most likely using Egypt to sub in for Saudi Arabia.
~ That the film gets a theatrical release (5+ North American cities).
~ That the project stars 3 very talented (and Ideally well known) actors.
~ That the film is completed by the end of 2008.
~ That we come in at around 110 minutes.
~ That the story really works, but that I'm able to persevere with an unconventional narrative that doesn't get watered down.

Stranger things have happened.

1 Comments:

At May 11, 2005 12:04 PM, Blogger fiftyfootgirl said...

I'm usually allergic to goals, so when your brother suggested it might be a good idea for me to get some- at least some small, achievable ones- just to see if it helped give me some direction, I was like, Yuck.

But so far it's working! Hooray for goals!

I think yours sound very reasonable. I mean, it might be good to consider California or Mexico for the desert scenes (for a million different reasons), but other than that, go for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home