Monday, January 09, 2006

Going Abroad


As I sit with the telephone receiver to my ear, holding for the next available operator at the Canadian passport office, the whole affair is starting to feel like reality. I'm replacing my expired passport because in March, Sierra and I will embark on a 6+ month journey around the world. We're getting round-the-world tickets from Star Alliance. Not too much planning, not quite enough money, and most importantly no thirty thousand dollar camera package. Strictly an experience, inspiration and research gathering trip. All I'm bringing is a bag full of clothes, a stills camera, and a notebook. That and hopefully a passport, but I'm still 25th in line and I've been holding for an hour.

During the course of our trip, I'll be posting entertaining stories from the fringes of the world as we trek from one country to another. Our adventures will no doubt be numerous, but hopefully we’ll avoid nasty parasites, terrorism, natural disasters, getting robbed or being beheaded. So far our itinerary goes something like this:

England - Turkey - Jordan - Egypt - Tanzania - Zanzibar - Ethiopia - Namibia - Vietnam - Thailand - Japan - China - Fiji - Vancouver - New York - Chile - Buenos Aires.

Please keep in touch and stay tuned.

2 Comments:

At January 10, 2006 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you two! May your travels be safe.

 
At January 18, 2006 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're coming to england?? When???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home